These cookies are so quick, easy and packed full of flavour. You can make the dough the day before you need it, just keep the balls wrapped up well in the fridge and bake off when you fancy.
Prep time 15mins, plus chilling| Bake time 15mins| Makes 14 cookies
125g butter, softened
200g soft brown sugar
1 large egg
250g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
2tsp ground ginger
150g white chocolate chips
Zest 1 orange
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a freestanding mixer, using the paddle attachment (or using a handheld electric whisk) until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat again until well combined.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, ginger white chocolate chips and orange zest.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal balls and place onto a couple of lined baking trays. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until firm around the edges but still a little squishy in the middle.
- Leave to cool on the trays for 10min before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.