An Indian Vegan Feast
Whether you’re trying Meat Free Monday, hosting for vegan guests, or just want to try something new, our Indian Vegan Feast is a great idea. Vegan food doesn’t have to be boring, in fact, with our flavoursome feast you’ll create a dish that even meat lovers will enjoy.
Try making our incredibly tasty and mouth-watering vegetable Jalfrezi, served with Kohinoor Basmati rice it is the perfect weekday meal for everyone. This vegetarian dish is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing.
100g blanched diced carrots
100g blanched broccoli florets
100g blanched cauliflower florets
250g boiled diced potatoes
150g green peas
75g diced peppers
1 packet Kohinoor Jalfrezi Cooking Sauce
- In a large pot, melt the butter
- Add all vegetables and lightly fry
- Add the jar of Kohinoor Jalfrezi Cooking sauce
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve with Kohinoor Basmati Rice and garnish with fried onions and coriander
Bhindi Masala is a delicious North Indian curry flavouring fried okra with garlic and tomatoes. This recipe is surprisingly quick to make but will impress everyone.
1 packet Kohinoor Adraki Bhuna
Oil for deep-frying
1 sliced red onion
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp sliced ginger
Bunch of coriander for garnish
- Heat a deep saucepan with vegetable oil ready for deep-frying
- Cut the okra into three different sections, removing the heads and ends
- In a separate pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil
- Fry the cumin seeds
- When the cumin seeds start to crackle, add the red onions and sauté
- When the oil is ready for deep-frying, add the okra
- Add the Kohinoor Adraki Bhuna sauce to the red onions
- Warm the sauce through and simmer gently
- Fry the okra for 3-5 minutes so it still has a crunch
- Drain the okra and add to the Kohinoor cooking sauce
- Add the chopped tomatoes and ginger and simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve the bhindi masala with plenty of coriander and enjoy
Turn your every day basmati rice into something special with our saffron rice recipe! By adding the sumptuous aromatics of saffron, you can elevate your rice dish into a real treat. This recipe from Chef Navin serves 4 people and is the perfect dinner party trick!
200g Kohinoor Extra flavour Basmati rice
¼ g saffron
3 tsp oil
- Wash and soak the Kohinoor Extra Flavour basmati rice in lukewarm water for 30 minutes
- Soak the saffron in 5 tablespoons of hot water
- Heat the oil bottomed pan
- Drain the rice from the water and add to the pain
- Add the boiling water, salt, and saffron water
- Cook in a medium heat until all the water is absorbed and holes start to form on the surface of the rice
- Place a kitchen towel over the rice and cover the pan with the lid
- Reduce the heat to very low and allow the rice to steam for 6 minutes
Use a fork to separate the grains of rice when it’s cooked. This will keep the rice fluffy.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
This aromatic potato dish is a traditional Kashmiri favourite, combining the distinct flavours of ginger and fennel. All you need to do is simply microwave for a few minutes and you’ll have the taste of India! You can get this Kashmiri Dum Aloo online here.
Garlic and Coriander Naans
These garlic and coriander naans are the perfect accompaniment to any Kohinoor meal! Simply sprinkle with a little water and grill for a couple of minutes until it’s warm. Buy your garlic and coriander naans here.
Baked Coconut Rice Pudding
Try making everyone’s favourite old-school rice pudding but with a little exotic twist with warming spices and coconut.
100g desiccated coconut, lightly toasted, plus a little extra to serve.
60g pudding rice
450ml coconut milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
25g caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees˚C (140 fan)
- Place the rice and the coconut into a medium oven-proof dish
- Heat the milk, sugar and cinnamon in a pan until the milk just begins to bubble
- Pour the milk over the rice and coconut and give everything a good stir
- Grate over the nutmeg
- Bake the pudding for an hour (making sure to stir every 15 minutes), or until the rice is fully cooked
- Sprinkle over some extra toasted desiccated coconut to serve
To make these even easier for you, you can purchase your Vegan feast in our multiple meal bundle for just £15!