Meethi Seviyan Recipe
This delicious sweet treat is a rather special recipe, ideal for Eid! This recipe is favourite celebratory dish for Gayatri Sahay of Hyde Park Patisserie.
1 tablespoon ghee
500 ml full fat milk
200/250g Seviyan (broken into smaller strands)
50 g Sugar
1 tsp Cardamom pods, crushed
50 g Milk powder
Handful of slivered pistachios (plus extra for serving)
Handful of chopped almonds (plus extra for serving)
Handful of raisins (plus extra for serving)
- Melt the ghee in a large saucepan
- Once melted, add the broken seviyan on a medium heat until they become golden
- Stir in the raisins
- Turn the heat to low and add the milk, one cup at a time whilst stirring slowly until the seviyan absorbs the milk
- Once absorbed, add the sugar and continue to stir until it dissolves into the mixture
- Add the milk powder and stir. The mixture should start to thicken.
- Add the crushed cardamom and chopped nuts into the mixture.
- Continue to stir until the seviyan is thick and all the excess liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve either hot or cold with more dried fruits and nuts for garnish.