Saffron Rice Recipe
Turn your every day basmati rice into something special with our saffron rice recipe! By adding the sumptuous aromatics of saffron, you can elevate your rice dish into a real treat. This recipe from Chef Navin serves 4 people and is the perfect dinner party trick!
200g Kohinoor Extra flavour Basmati rice
¼ g saffron
- Wash and soak the Kohinoor Extra Flavour basmati rice in lukewarm water for 30 minutes
- Soak the saffron in 5 tablespoons of hot water
- Heat the oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan
- Drain the rice from the water and add to the pan
- Add the boiling water, salt, and saffron water
- Cook in a medium heat until all the water is absorbed and holes start to form of the surface of the rice
- Place a kitchen towel over the rice and cover the pan with the lid
- Reduce the heat to very low and allow the rice to steam for 6 minutes
- Serve up with some Kohinoor classics, such as the Kohinoor Meals in Minutes Saag Aloo, and the Butter chicken curry!
Use a fork to separate the grains of rice when its cooked. This will keep the rice fluffy.