Spiced Coconut Baked Rice Pudding
Try making everyone’s favourite old-school rice pudding but with a little exotic twist with warming spices and coconut.
Prep time 5 mins | Bake time 1 hour | Serves 4-6
100g desiccated coconut, lightly toasted, plus a little extra to serve.
60g pudding rice
450ml coconut milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
25g caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees˚C (140 fan)
- Place the rice and the coconut into a medium oven-proof dish
- Heat the milk, sugar and cinnamon in a pan until the milk just begins to bubble
- Pour the milk over the rice and coconut and give everything a good stir
- Grate over the nutmeg
- Bake the pudding for an hour (making sure to stir every 15 minutes), or until the rice is fully cooked
- Sprinkle over some extra toasted desiccated coconut to serve