Spiced Summer Crumble Recipe
This pudding is a great way of using up any seasonal berries that are a little past their best. Feel free to add a handful of white chocolate chips to the topping, if you fancy something a bit sweeter.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake times: 20 minutes
For the fruit:
300g mixed summer berries
4 tablespoons runny honey
For the crumble topping:
400g biscuits (chocolate digestives work well here)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Place the mixed berries (not the strawberries) into a large oven-proof pan and drizzle over the runny honey.
- Place the pan onto a low heat and cook the berries slowly, stirring occasionally, until they have turned mushy.
- Whilst the berries are cooking down, place the biscuits into a large bowl and bash them with the end of a rolling pin until they look like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats and spices to the biscuit crumbs and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C
- When the berries have turned mushy, take the pan off the heat and leave the mixture to cool slightly.
- Hull the strawberries and cut them into small chunks.
- Stir the strawberries into the slightly cooled berry mixture.
- Sprinkle the biscuit topping over the strawberries and cooked fruit.
- Bake the crumble for around 20 minutes, or until the top has turned a deep golden brown and the fruit is bubbling up around the sides.
- Serve warm with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.