Aloo gobi literally translates as potatoes and cauliflower and is a spicy dish loved in India. We’ve created a tasty lunch dish by using chapatti wraps! Its great for using up leftover curry or even leftover tortilla wraps.
1 medium cauliflower, florets
1 potato, cubed
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp oil
1 red chilli, sliced
Handful fresh coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat and add the cauliflower. Fry for 3 minutes and add the potatoes.
- Fry for 8 minutes until the vegetables have some colour on them.
- Set the vegetables aside and add the remaining oil and add cumin seeds and cook until they crackle.
- Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chilli, and ground coriander and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, potato, and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the garam masala and some salt to taste for a further 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked. If the masala is dry, add a little water to keep cooking the vegetables.
- Warm up the chapattis in the microwave and add the vegetable mixture, topped with chilli and coriander.