This extravagant chocolate torte recipe is the perfect festive showstopper. It’ll impress all you guests and the big secret? It’s an easy recipe!
200g dark chocolate
150g coconut oil
100g ground almonds
- Preheat an oven to 165˚C
- Melt together the chocolate and the coconut oil in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
- Separate the eggs in two different bowls. whisk the egg white into soft peaks and add half the sugar.
- Use the other half of the sugar with the egg yolks and whisk until pale and thick
- Add the ground almonds to the egg yolks and sugar
- Add the cool chocolate mixture to the egg yolks and mix well
- Add the egg white meringue mixture in 3 different inclusions, carefully folding in after each addition
- Put the mixture into a springform tin, greased, and bake until a skewer comes out clean
- Decorate with a liberal sprinkling of sea salt and rose petals