Spiced Strawberry and Prosecco Pavlova Recipe
These spiced strawberry and prosecco pavlovas are the perfect accompaniments to the tennis. The bases take a while to bake and cool, so feel free to make them up to a week in advance and store in an airtight container until you are ready to use them.
Prep time 1 hour | Bake time 2 hours | Makes 4
For the meringue bases:
2 medium egg whites
100g caster sugar
For the topping:
150g double cream
2tbsp caster sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod
300g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C. Whisk the eggs whites in a free-standing mixer (or using a hand-held electric whisk) until foamy. Add in the sugar, a spoonful at a time, whisking well after each addition. Continue to whisk until the mixture reaches stiff peaks and is very glossy. Line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- Spoon the meringue mixture into 4 even circles. Press down on each one so that you get a dip in the middle. Bake in for 2 hours and then turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside until completely cool (this will stop them cracking).
- Whisk the cream to soft peaks, set aside for later.
- Place the prosecco, sugar, vanilla pod and cinnamon stick into a small pan. Cook on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the strawberries and cook for 5 mins, or until the strawberries have started to soften. Remove the strawberries, vanilla pod and cinnamon stick. Turn up the heat and cook down the remaining liquid until it is thick and syrupy.
- To serve top your meringue nests with the cream, strawberries and strawberry syrup.